Benefits of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Do you have chronic lung disease? Do you have symptoms from your chronic lung disease such as shortness of breath, wheezing, or fatigue? Are you taking medications for your chronic lung disease, but feel they are not helping you enough? Are you having trouble completing daily activities due to your chronic lung disease?
If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, then pulmonary rehabilitation may help you live better.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation (PR) could help you realize some or all of the following health benefits:
- Reduce shortness of breath
- Increase exercise capacity
- Increase energy and stamina
- Improve feeling of well-being
- Decrease feelings of depression and anxiety
- Increase ability to do things in life that you need and want to do
- Interface more effectively with your healthcare team
- Connect with other people with similar breathing problems
- Increase your ability to manage your own lung problems in collaboration with your healthcare team